Central Carolina Regional Education Service Alliance (CCRESA) is seeking an executive director to lead this alliance effective July 1, 2019. The CCRESA includes member school districts, university representatives, and educational organizations mostly located in the central region of North Carolina. Superintendents of the member school districts serve as the Board of Directors, which the Executive Director reports to and collaborates with to execute the mission and vision of the alliance.
CCRESA is now accepting letters of interest and resumes for the Executive Director position. The application window will remain open until February 15, 2019. Letters of interest and resumes should be emailed to Monica Smith-Woofter, email@example.com and Dana Stutzman firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualifications: 3+ years of experience as a superintendent, some senior level educational leadership experience in the state of North Carolina preferred.
CCRESA Executive Director Job Description
1) Reports to CCRESA Board of Directors and performs such duties assigned* by the Executive Committee or the Board of Directors
2) Serves as Executive Head of CCRESA, overseeing all operational aspects of the organization, including supervising CCRESA staff, coordinating all CCRESA activities, and ensuring the organization’s financial and legal status is not jeopardized
3) Represents CCRESA externally with all organizations, including NCDPI (such as attending the Superintendents Quarterly meetings), the State Board of Education, other NC RESAs, educational associations, institutions of higher education, and other affiliated bodies
4) Develops and recommends a Plan of Action based on the needs of member districts and the priorities established by the Board of Directors
5) Develops an annual budget for the operation of CCRESA to be approved by the Board of Directors
6) Monitors and seeks other external sources of revenues beyond membership dues to assist in the operation of CCRESA when appropriate
7) Evaluates the performance of the CCRESA Office Manager and any other CCRESA staff and recommend to the Board the employment and termination of CCRESA employees
8) Plans, coordinates, and prepares agendas and materials for all meetings of the Board of Directors in consultation with the Board Chair and Vice-Chair
9) Oversees and assists in the operation of all Councils and Professional Development Programs
10) Oversees the operation of the Central Carolina Teacher Initiative
11) Attends and facilitates: CCRESA Board of Directors meetings and Council meetings
12) Partners with the NCDPI Regional Case Manager and NCDPI staff on projects of mutual interest
13) Provides background information to member districts on educational issues of importance
14) Serves as a liaison between the CCRESA Board and the Department of Public Instruction and the State Board of Education
15) Responds to all other requests initiated by the Board of Directors and, subject to oversight by the Board of Directors, responds to requests initiated by CCRESA Councils
*Note that such assigned duties may include the delivery of professional development services to
CCRESA member districts, at the direction of the Board of Directors.