Office of Learning Recovery and Acceleration’s Presentation: Impact of Lost Instructional Time Analysis.
Prior to the Session – We encourage participants to be familiar with the following.
- Report and presentation to the State Board of Education on Impact of Lost Instructional Time Analysis.
- Key findings from the statewide summary report are available here and NCDPI press release is available here
- Local district report on Lost Instructional Time – Provided directly to districts from EVAAS team at SAS upon district request (April 15 deadline).
What will I learn / What can I offer? This session will include a short presentation on the report and facilitate a discussion about the preliminary results and recommendations for next levels of analysis using the following questions to guide the conversation:
- Do these results resonate with your experiences during the 2020-21 school year?
- Are any of these results surprising given your experiences during the 2020-21 school year?
- Do you have any theories about what might have caused these results?
- Do you have any suggestions about how we might further explore the data to understand the impact of lost instructional time?
- What are your key take-a-ways for improving practice?